Natural Food Colors Market Size Analysis
According to a recent survey conducted by ChemView Consulting, the Global Natural Food Colors Market grew at a CAGR of 6.8% between 2017-2021 and is estimated to be US$ 1,972.4 Mn in 2022. Currently, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% and is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 3,953.1 Mn by 2032 end.
During the forecast period, it is anticipated that the market for natural food colors will expand at a remarkable CAGR. To make their products more appealing, businesses have seen a huge increase in demand for raw food colors.
Due to the rise in health consciousness and food adulteration, consumers’ propensity for clean-label products has been rising. Because of this, customers prefer to read product labels before making purchases, which is a major factor in the rising popularity of natural food colors.
GROWING AWARENESS ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF NATURAL FOOD COLORS FUELS THE GROWTH OF MARKET
Due to growing consumer knowledge of organic products, the health risks of synthetic colors, and the advantages of natural food colors in terms of health, raw food colors are becoming more and more popular over synthetic food colors. The rapid use of artificial production methods to boost the food supply has created several health risks.
The global demand for naturally grown food items is driven by increasing health consciousness and a preference for environmentally friendly products. As a result, natural food colors are frequently used by food manufacturers to enhance the aesthetic appeal of processed foods and beverages.
TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS TO PROPEL NATURAL FOOD COLORS MARKET GROWTH
The market’s expansion is constrained by the unstable nature of natural food colors and their short shelf lives. However, the food processing sector is anticipated to have faster market expansion thanks to ongoing innovation and technological advancements. The main goals of ongoing research are to develop novel natural food colour sources and methods to significantly extend the stability and shelf life of natural colors.
Market Segments Covered in Report
By Pigment Type:
- Beta carotene
- Paprika extract
- Spirulina extract
- Dairy Food Products
- Packaged Food/Frozen Products
- Confectionery and Bakery Products
By Region and Country:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Rest of Middle East)
- Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Rest of Africa)
Why is carotenoid estimated to account for the largest market share?
In 2021, carotenoids were responsible for 30.1% of global revenue. Microorganisms, algae, plants, and some animal species all provide carotenoids. They mostly serve as food coloring additives and offer vivid yellow, red, and orange colors. Xanthophylls and carotenes are two of the two categories of carotenoids. The most prevalent xanthophylls are lutein and zeaxanthin, both present in green leafy vegetables, including broccoli, spinach, kale, corn, and egg yolks, honeydew melon, among other foods.
Carotenoid products now make up a significant portion of producers’ profits because of their simplicity of use, superior stability, improved aesthetics, and increased market appeal. Manufacturers are concentrating primarily on this market because carotenoid-based natural food colors accounted for US$7.3 billion in sales in 2018.
The regions analyzed for the market include North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- With a market share of 29.1%, natural food color sales in North America are anticipated to soar at a CAGR of roughly 5.5% through 2032. The rising prevalence of ailments, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, and dermatological conditions—all linked to synthetic food colors—has increased the need for natural food coloring.
- 30% of the global market for natural food colors will come from Asia. A rise in demand for organic food colors is due to the usage of colors in a wide range of foods, including beverages, dairy products, frozen foods, packaged meals, and bakery goods.
These actions have enabled market participants to increase their clientele and revenue. With the increasing demand for Natural Food Colors worldwide, market players in the Natural Food Colors market can anticipate attractive growth prospects in the future.
Some of the key developments that have taken place in the Natural Food Colors Market include the following:
- In June 2021, Oterra made an offer that Symrise AG accepted to buy their natural food coloring company. The company offers goods for pet food, aquafeed, tastes, nutrition, and food safety as part of its core business. This transaction will impact about 80 Diana Food employees working in two France and two UK production plants.
- In February 2021, Kraft introduced a vibrant pink Mac & Cheese for Valentine’s Day. The company, well-known for its cheesy KraftMac & Cheese, introduces Candy Kraft Mac & Cheese, giving it a pink appearance and a tinge of sweet candy flavor.
A list of some of the key suppliers present in the market are:
- Sensient Technologies Corporation
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Naturex S.A.
- Döhler GmbH
- Symrise AG
- Hansen Holding A/S
- McCormick & Company
- Kalsec Inc.
- DDW The Color House Corporation
- ROHA Dyechem Pvt. Ltd. (JJT Group)
- Aakash Chemicals and Dyestuffs
- AFIS (Australian Food Ingredient Suppliers)
- San-Ei Gen F.F.I Inc.
- GNT International B.V (EXBERRY)
- Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (LycoRed)
Report Coverage and Highlights
- Our comprehensive, data-backed, and facts-oriented report provides niche and cross-sectional analysis at global and country levels.
- Assessment of the historical (actual data) and current market size (2017-2021), market projections (2022-2032), and CAGR.
- The market assessment across North America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia & Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa.
- Competitive tactical intelligence, key strategies adopted by top players, production capacity and company shares analysis, product brand surveys, and export-import analysis
- Pricing analysis to set and benchmark your current or future offerings across each product type helps you understand whether your pricing strategy is aligned with market expectations and can be compared to market disruptions.
- Predictions on critical supply and demand trends and technological expertise needed to address operations scalability.
- Consumer behavior shifts and their implications for players, list of end-users, and their consumption analysis.
- Key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and emerging trends impacting the market growth.
- Value chain analysis (list of manufacturers, distributors, end-users, and average profitability margins).
- Strategic market analysis, recommendations, and future headways on crucial winning strategies.
|Historical data available for
||USD Million for Value and Tons for Volume, and CAGR from 2022 to 2032
|Key regions covered
||North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa
|Key countries covered
||US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt
|Key segments covered
||By Pigment Type, Application, and Region
||Available upon Request
|Pricing and purchase options
||Available upon Request
- Report Includes
Market Size Data
- Global market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and region
- Regional level market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and country
- Country level market share data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment
- Market attractiveness analysis based on market share index and CAGR index for each of the segments and regions
- Incremental dollar opportunity generated in the forecast period would be indicated
- Key Takeaways, Recommendations, and key investment pockets for the relevant segments would be highlighted
- Macroeconomic factors that impact the market developments
- Market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities) that positively or negatively influence market growth
- Supply Side and Demand Side trends – trends witnessed from buyers and suppliers side
- Production and Consumption Gap Analysis – analysis of gap between production and consumption in any geography to fulfil unmet demand
- Trade analysis and analysis of key supply and demand hubs
- Identification of hotbed opportunities existing in the market
- Porter’s and PEST analysis to understand the business environment of the geography
- Regulatory scenario – Identification of key sector specific and trade regulations, and assessment of whether it helps or hinder market development & growth
- Regional-level product pricing analysis to set and benchmark your current or future product offerings across each product type
- Historical and projected pricing trends of the product which helps in determining the product’s price and/or services beneficial for companies product lifecycle
- Cost teardown analysis and key factors impacting pricing
Value Chain Analysis
- Country-wise list of raw material suppliers
- Raw material price trends and buyers’ sentiment
- Overview of Intelligent Sourcing Technique
- Raw material procurement requirements
- Vendor selection criteria
- Country-wise list of product manufacturers
- Country-wise list of distributors/traders
- Country-wise list of end-users
- End-Users/Customers consumption mapping
- Key End-Users/Customers client list
- Country-wise list of other key channel partners
- Average profitability margins
- Regional value chain dynamics
- Market shares and production capacities of key players
- Tier structure analysis of market
- Comprehensive competition dashboard representing the top 10-15 players in the market
- Individual company profiles of top 15 to 20 manufacturers
- Business Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Financials
- Recent Developments
- SWOT Analysis
North America: U.S., Canada
Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Central America, Rest of Latin America
Western Europe: Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Poland, Romania, Rest of Western Europe
Eastern Europe: Russia & Belarus, Balkan Countries, Baltic Countries, Central Asia, Rest of Eastern Europe
Middle East & Africa: KSA, UAE, Turkey, Israel, Northern Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa
East Asia: China, Japan, South Korea
South Asia & Pacific: India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of South Asia & Pacific
Why Choose CVC Market Research?;
- Specialized market research company
- Impeccable and deep industry expertise
- Wide range of offerings
- Robust research methodology and statistical models with least deviation
- Extensive reports and full-service consulting
- Expert panel sanctioned industry outlook
- Growth dynamics for calculated investments
- Tri-level quality guarantee
- 6 months unlimited post-sales support
- Regular planned and contracted report updates
Frequently Asked Questions
In the forecast period between 2022 and 2032, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2%.
Growing awareness about the benefits of natural food colors fuels the growth of the overall raw food colors market
Major global Natural Food Colors Market players are Sensient Technologies Corporation, Archer Daniels Midland, Naturex S.A., Döhler GmbH, Symrise AG, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, McCormick & Company, Kalsec Inc., DDW The Color House Corporation, ROHA Dyechem Pvt. Ltd. (JJT Group), Aakash Chemicals and Dyestuffs, AFIS (Australian Food Ingredient Suppliers), San-Ei Gen F.F.I Inc., GNT International B.V (EXBERRY), Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (LycoRed)
North America is expected to account for the largest market revenue share in the Global Natural Food Colors market.