Fertilizer Additives Market Outlook
According to ChemView Consulting’s recent market survey, the global fertilizer additives market is projected to account for US$ 1,089.5 Mn in 2022. Growing concern over yield improvement has led to the development of numerous fertilizer formulations that include a unique blend of fertilizer additives to impart appropriate qualities based on climate, soil type, and crop type across areas. This trend, as well as usage forms, gives the worldwide fertilizer additive market a considerable boost, due to which the market is poised to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% between 2022 and 2030.
Considering this, ChemView Consulting has projected the market valuation to reach US$ 1,549.4 Mn in 2030.
|Estimated Year Value, 2022
||US$ 1,089.5 Mn
|Projected Year Value, 2030
||US$ 1,549.4 Mn
|Global Market Growth Rate (2022-2030)
|Country With Dominant Market Share
|Region With Dominant Market Share
Key Market Insights
- With rising demand for food and related goods and dwindling arable land, the need for fertilizer additives is expected to rise steadily between 2022 and 2030. Furthermore, the rising demand for primary nutrients and high-quality fertilizers has increased the demand for higher agricultural yields.
- After a period of decelerating sales during COVID-19 in 2020, the Fertilizer Additives industry will see a steady increase in demand. According to ChemView Consulting, between 2022 and 2030, the market will grow at a CAGR of 4.5%.
- The anti-caking agents sector, which is now the largest product type category with a market value of US$ 502 million, is expected to provide a 1.3X incremental potential through 2030. This trend is expected to continue until 2030, owing to the high demand for solid fertilizers and the fact that anticaking additives assist to maintain fertilizer quality by preventing cakes and flakes from forming during packing and transportation.
- Popular N (Nitrogen) fertilizers will drive revenue for fertilizer additives, accounting for the majority of overall fertilizer demand. To sustain high levels of quantity and quality, ChemView Consulting expects widespread use of fertilizer N in fruit production, oilseeds, fodder crops, and horticulture.
- As a consequence, the Fertilizer Additives market in APAC is expected to create large commercial opportunities for providers throughout the forecast period, with a growth rate of 5-6 %. The second-largest share of the global fertilizer additive market belonged to North America.
- Tier 1 players such as Clariant AG, Arkema S.A., Kao Corporation, and Koch Industries, Inc., among others, control over 75% of the total market share in the highly fragmented fertilizer additives industry.
Market Dynamics: Drivers, Opportunities and Trends Analysis
- Fertilizer additives are in high demand because of the growing popularity of nitrogen fertilizers. With prospects in urea, ammonium nitrate, diammonium phosphate, mono ammonium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, and triple superphosphate applications, the fertilizer additive business appears to have a bright future.
- Given its critical role in fertilizer manufacture, the global fertilizer additives market sees a significant opportunity in the granulating agents category. Fertilizer additives makers have a lot of chances in high-growth agriculture-dependent nations like China and India.
- Current trends say the demand for biofertilizers has climbed by 12.5% in the previous five years, reaching 1.2 billion dollars in 2020. Biofertilizers are expected to develop two to three times faster than the standard fertilizers, according to ChemView Consulting. As a result of this trend, fertilizer additive manufacturers are concentrating on broadening their product portfolios to meet the demand from biofertilizer producers.
Market Segmental Analysis: By Product Type, By Application, By Region
- In 2022, the anti-caking category led the fertilizer additives market, and it is projected to continue to do so in the foreseeable future. This is owing to the increased need for NPK, DAP, and Urea-based fertilizers to combat the escalating problem of fertilizer caking. The anti-caking sector is predicted to keep 1% market share in 2022 and increase 11 BPS between 2022 and 2030 in terms of value.
- In 2022, the nitrogen sector will dominate the application type since it is easily available and easy to apply, making it the most frequent form of fertilizer. To provide optimal nutrition to food crops and hence increase output, the need for nitrogenous fertilizers has been increasing in the agriculture business. By the end of 2030, the Nitrogen sector is estimated to be worth US$ 692.5 million.
- Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 3% in terms of value between 2022 and 2030. Because of the developing fertilizer industry and improved agricultural nutrient management rules, China will have a 52.0 percent market share in the Asia Pacific region in 2022.
- The fertilizer additives market in the United States is expected to increase at 7% per year by 2022. Several significant fertilizer additive producers, the majority of which are based in the United States, operate worldwide and primarily focus on export activities in North America. Small and medium-sized regional players, on the other hand, are attempting to tap into regional fertilizer additive use.
Growth strategy adopted by key players in Fertilizer Additives Market
The fertilizer additives industry is highly concentrated, with several acquisitions and mergers. The industry’s major companies are focusing on acquiring smaller competitors to increase their market share. Significant firms are also using backward integration to strengthen their position in the industry. Several significant companies are also considering capacity expansion. Large fertilizer companies are forming cooperative ventures to pursue unexplored market prospects.
Some of the key players present in the Global Fertilizer Additives market are:
- Clariant AG
- Arkema S.A
- Dorf Ketal
- Timac Agro USA
- Michelman, inc.
- Hubei Forbon Technology Co Ltd
- Fertibon Products Pvt Ltd
- Chemipol SA
- Neelam Aqua & Speciality Chem (P) Ltd
Key Developments in Fertilizer Additives Market
|In 2019, Hubei Forbon Technology Co., Ltd has declared its plan to transfer the fertiliser additive business, as well as other associated assets and obligations, to its subsidiary, Hubei Forbon New Materials Co., Ltd, allowing Forbon to focus on its new fertiliser and digital agricultural businesses.
||In 2019, With the proposed purchase of ArrMaz, a US-based pioneer in specialized surfactants for crop nutrition, mining, and infrastructure, Arkema hits another milestone in its specialties growth trajectory.
|In 2017, A&E Ag and LLC were acquired by Timac Agro USA. Timac Agro USA will continue to operate the LLC as an auxiliary. This acquisition aided the company’s expansion by allowing it to engage in R&D. This purchase bolsters our worldwide growth strategy and demonstrates the teams’ zeal and goals.
||On 16th March 2018, Nufarm’s acquisition of USD 490 million of crop protection product portfolio from Adama and Syngenta and their acquisition of USD 85 million with FMC’s European cereal broadleaf herbicide portfolio.
Segments Covered in Report
By Product Type:
- Anti-caking Agents
- Dust Suppressors
- Drying Agents
- Granulation Agents
By Region and Country:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Rest of Middle East)
- Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Rest of Africa)
Global Fertilizer Additives Market 2022-2030: Report Coverage and Highlights
- Assessment of the historical and current Fertilizer Additives market size (2016-2020), market projections (2022-2030), and its contribution to the parent market
- Key drivers and restraints impacting market growth
- Predictions on Critical Supply, Demand, and Technological trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Market Opportunity Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis (List of Manufacturers, Distributors, Average Margins, etc.)
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping, Benchmarking, and Advantage Analysis
- Market Share Analysis and Key Strategies Adopted by Top Players
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Primary insights to understand what will shape the market growth over the next decade
- COVID-19 Impact on Fertilizer Additives Market and How to Navigate
- Strategic Success Factors and Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
|Historical Data Available for
||USD Million for Value and Kilo Tons for Volume, and CAGR from 2022 to 2030
|Key Regions Covered
||North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa
|Key Countries Covered
||US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt
|Key Segments Covered
||Product Type, Application, and Region
||Available upon Request
|Pricing and purchase options
||Available upon Request
About ChemView Consulting
ChemView Consulting is a leading information, market intelligence, and consulting company serving chemicals & materials, oil & gas, and alternate energy clients worldwide. ChemView Consulting serves clients in approximately 100 countries, with its office in the US and delivery centers in India.
What sets ChemView Consulting apart?
- Full-time research experts and subject matter experts
- In-house primary research team
- The in-house data visualization team
- Industry-wide network of research partners
- Database subscriptions
- The exclusively tailored research process
- Report Includes
Market Size Data
- Global market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and region
- Regional level market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and country
- Country level market share data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment
- Market attractiveness analysis based on market share index and CAGR index for each of the segments and regions
- Incremental dollar opportunity generated in the forecast period would be indicated
- Key Takeaways, Recommendations, and key investment pockets for the relevant segments would be highlighted
- Macroeconomic factors that impact the market developments
- Market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities) that positively or negatively influence market growth
- Supply Side and Demand Side trends – trends witnessed from buyers and suppliers side
- Production and Consumption Gap Analysis – analysis of gap between production and consumption in any geography to fulfil unmet demand
- Trade analysis and analysis of key supply and demand hubs
- Identification of hotbed opportunities existing in the market
- Porter’s and PEST analysis to understand the business environment of the geography
- Regulatory scenario – Identification of key sector specific and trade regulations, and assessment of whether it helps or hinder market development & growth
- Regional-level product pricing analysis to set and benchmark your current or future product offerings across each product type
- Historical and projected pricing trends of the product which helps in determining the product’s price and/or services beneficial for companies product lifecycle
- Cost teardown analysis and key factors impacting pricing
Value Chain Analysis
- Country-wise list of raw material suppliers
- Raw material price trends and buyers’ sentiment
- Overview of Intelligent Sourcing Technique
- Raw material procurement requirements
- Vendor selection criteria
- Country-wise list of product manufacturers
- Country-wise list of distributors/traders
- Country-wise list of end-users
- End-Users/Customers consumption mapping
- Key End-Users/Customers client list
- Country-wise list of other key channel partners
- Average profitability margins
- Regional value chain dynamics
- Market shares and production capacities of key players
- Tier structure analysis of market
- Comprehensive competition dashboard representing the top 10-15 players in the market
- Individual company profiles of top 15 to 20 manufacturers
- Business Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Financials
- Recent Developments
- SWOT Analysis
North America: U.S., Canada
Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Central America, Rest of Latin America
Western Europe: Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Poland, Romania, Rest of Western Europe
Eastern Europe: Russia & Belarus, Balkan Countries, Baltic Countries, Central Asia, Rest of Eastern Europe
Middle East & Africa: KSA, UAE, Turkey, Israel, Northern Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa
East Asia: China, Japan, South Korea
South Asia & Pacific: India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of South Asia & Pacific
Why Choose CVC Market Research?;
- Specialized market research company
- Impeccable and deep industry expertise
- Wide range of offerings
- Robust research methodology and statistical models with least deviation
- Extensive reports and full-service consulting
- Expert panel sanctioned industry outlook
- Growth dynamics for calculated investments
- Tri-level quality guarantee
- 6 months unlimited post-sales support
- Regular planned and contracted report updates
Frequently Asked Questions
In the projected 2022– 2030, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5%.
The market is expected to develop because of the rising demand for food and related goods, dwindling arable land, and the growing popularity of nitrogen fertilizers.
Clariant AG, Arkema S.A, Dorf Ketal, ArrMaz, Timac Agro USA, Michelman, inc., Hubei Forbon Technology Co Ltd are some of the key players in the global fertilizer additives market.
The nitrogen sector will dominate the application type since it is easily available and easy to apply, making it the most frequent form of fertilizer.