Global Ethylene Dichloride Market Size Analysis
According to a research survey conducted by ChemView Consulting, in 2022, the Global Ethylene Dichloride Market was worth US$ 16,472.0 Mn and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0% over the forecast period. While the historical CAGR is 3.2%, the market is expected to hit US$ 24,382.6 Mn by 2032 end.
Sales in the market are anticipated to be boosted by the growing use of polyethylene dichloride as a chemical intermediary in creating vinyl chloride monomers. Additionally, it is employed globally in producing polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
Since ethylene chloride is non-toxic to aquatic organisms and does not build up in the marine food chain, it is considered environmentally beneficial. Another element anticipated to fuel the market’s expansion is the expanding utilization of industrial and consumer goods manufacturing.
THE SURGING PRODUCTION OF PVC BOOSTS SALES OF ETHYLENE DICHLORIDE
In the upcoming years, it is anticipated that rising PVC production and consumption will boost ethylene chloride sales globally. PVC is widely utilized in various applications, including pipes and fittings, flooring, wires, power and signal cables, and films and sheets.
PVC is the third most extensively produced polymer globally, behind polypropylene and polyethylene. The electrical and automotive industries are anticipated to use it more due to its high oil and chemical resistance and fire retardant qualities.
Market Segments Covered in Report
- Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM)
- Ethylene Amines
- Other Solvents
By Production Process:
- Direct Chlorination
- Oxy Chlorination
By Region and Country:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Rest of Middle East)
- Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Rest of Africa)
Which application is expected to lead the market of ethylene dichloride during the projected period?
The vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) segment is anticipated to dominate the worldwide ethylene dichloride market in terms of application. Given that VCM is considered detrimental to human health, there has been an increase in the conversion of VCM to polymeric PVC, which is responsible for the growth.
The demand for PVC is expected to increase due to the building industry’s continued expansion. A growing number of proposed smart city initiatives will encourage the use of PVC, increasing demand for ethylene chloride.
The regions analyzed for the market include North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Due to the region’s increasing industrialization, Asia-Pacific is predicted to have substantial growth throughout the projected period, holding a market share of 54.6%.
- Sales in the U.K. market are projected to increase due to the sectors’ rapid rise in the pharmaceutical and packaging industries. The market for ethylene dichloride in Europe is projected to account for roughly 21.2% of the overall market share.
To maintain their market position and expand their product offerings, the firms use various essential methods, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, and innovations.
The key developments in the Global Ethylene Dichloride Market are:
- In February 2022, the 10% import tax on ethylene dichloride will be eliminated, according to the Indian government. It intends to cut it from the current 10% to 2% on vinyl chloride monomers. The leading producer of PVC pipes and fittings in India, Finolex Industries Ltd., has grown due to reduced ethylene dichloride import duties.
- In January 2022, to launch the first product based on its eShuttle technology, Chemetry, a clean technology start-up with headquarters in the United States, said it is now building a 1000 T/year semi-commercial size factory. Using half the power of Braskem’s Maceio facility, this facility will produce ethylene dichloride from water, salt, and ethylene, removing the need to make chlorine gas.
A list of some of the key suppliers present in the market are:
- Olin Corporation
- Occidental Chemical Corporation
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- Tosoh Corporation
- Vynova Group
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
- Thyssenkrupp AG
- PT Asahimas Chemical
- Prochem, Inc.
- VESTOLIT GmbH
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
Global Ethylene Dichloride Market 2022-2032: Report Coverage and Highlights
- Assessment of the historical and current market size (2017-2021), market projections (2022-2032), and its contribution to the parent market
- Key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and key emerging trends impacting market growth
- Predictions on critical supply, demand, and technological trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Value chain analysis (list of manufacturers, distributors, end-users, average profitability margins, etc.)
- Segment-wise, country-wise, and region-wise market analysis
- Competition mapping, market share analysis, key strategies adopted by top players, and competitive tactical intelligence
- Key product innovations and regulatory framework
- Covid-19 impact on the market and how to navigate
- Strategic market analysis and recommendations on crucial winning strategies
|Historical data available for
||USD Million for Value and Tons for Volume, and CAGR from 2022 to 2030
|Key regions covered
||North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa
|Key countries covered
||US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt
|Key segments covered
||By Application, Production Process, and Region
||Available upon Request
|Pricing and purchase options
||Available upon Request
- Report Includes
Market Size Data
- Global market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and region
- Regional level market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and country
- Country level market share data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment
- Market attractiveness analysis based on market share index and CAGR index for each of the segments and regions
- Incremental dollar opportunity generated in the forecast period would be indicated
- Key Takeaways, Recommendations, and key investment pockets for the relevant segments would be highlighted
- Macroeconomic factors that impact the market developments
- Market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities) that positively or negatively influence market growth
- Supply Side and Demand Side trends – trends witnessed from buyers and suppliers side
- Production and Consumption Gap Analysis – analysis of gap between production and consumption in any geography to fulfil unmet demand
- Trade analysis and analysis of key supply and demand hubs
- Identification of hotbed opportunities existing in the market
- Porter’s and PEST analysis to understand the business environment of the geography
- Regulatory scenario – Identification of key sector specific and trade regulations, and assessment of whether it helps or hinder market development & growth
- Regional-level product pricing analysis to set and benchmark your current or future product offerings across each product type
- Historical and projected pricing trends of the product which helps in determining the product’s price and/or services beneficial for companies product lifecycle
- Cost teardown analysis and key factors impacting pricing
Value Chain Analysis
- Country-wise list of raw material suppliers
- Raw material price trends and buyers’ sentiment
- Overview of Intelligent Sourcing Technique
- Raw material procurement requirements
- Vendor selection criteria
- Country-wise list of product manufacturers
- Country-wise list of distributors/traders
- Country-wise list of end-users
- End-Users/Customers consumption mapping
- Key End-Users/Customers client list
- Country-wise list of other key channel partners
- Average profitability margins
- Regional value chain dynamics
- Market shares and production capacities of key players
- Tier structure analysis of market
- Comprehensive competition dashboard representing the top 10-15 players in the market
- Individual company profiles of top 15 to 20 manufacturers
- Business Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Financials
- Recent Developments
- SWOT Analysis
North America: U.S., Canada
Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Central America, Rest of Latin America
Western Europe: Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Poland, Romania, Rest of Western Europe
Eastern Europe: Russia & Belarus, Balkan Countries, Baltic Countries, Central Asia, Rest of Eastern Europe
Middle East & Africa: KSA, UAE, Turkey, Israel, Northern Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa
East Asia: China, Japan, South Korea
South Asia & Pacific: India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of South Asia & Pacific
Why Choose CVC Market Research?;
- Specialized market research company
- Impeccable and deep industry expertise
- Wide range of offerings
- Robust research methodology and statistical models with least deviation
- Extensive reports and full-service consulting
- Expert panel sanctioned industry outlook
- Growth dynamics for calculated investments
- Tri-level quality guarantee
- 6 months unlimited post-sales support
- Regular planned and contracted report updates
Frequently Asked Questions
In the forecast period between 2022 and 2032, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0%.
In the upcoming years, it is anticipated that rising PVC production and consumption will boost ethylene chloride sales globally.
Key Global Ethylene Dichloride Market players are Olin Corporation, Occidental Chemical Corporation, Formosa Plastics Corporation, Tosoh Corporation, Vynova Group, SABIC, Westlake Chemical Corporation, Thyssenkrupp AG, PT Asahimas Chemical, Prochem, Inc., VESTOLIT GmbH, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
Asia Pacific Region is expected to account for the largest market revenue share in the Global Ethylene Dichloride Market.