Cosmetic Ingredients Market Overview
According to a research analysis conducted by ChemView Consulting, In 2021, the worldwide cosmetic ingredients market was worth US$ 32.67 Bn, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% 2022 and 2030 to hit US$ 48.97 Bn by 2030 end. In 2030, The market is expanding owing to the growing demand for cleansing agents & foamers, aroma, moisturizing, and specialty in cosmetic products.
The growing focus on improving and modifying the textural features of various ingredients used in the personal care and cosmetics industry, as well as rising consumer awareness of the benefits and risks of using products containing certain specific elements, is expected to fuel demand in the global cosmetic ingredients market in the coming years.
Key Market Insights:
- In terms of revenue in 2021, the cleaning agents & foamers sector had the most significant market share, accounting for roughly 37%, followed by moisturizing and specialty. On the other hand, the specialty sector is expected to expand at quickest rate in the worldwide cosmetic ingredients market from 2022 to 2030.
- Within the projected period, the worldwide cosmetic ingredients market is expected to rise significantly due to improvements in lifestyle, higher perceptions of beauty, more remarkable ability to invest, increased per capita income and urbanized population, and growing need for professionals.
- The skincare sector of the market was the most appealing. The cosmetic ingredients business has seen numerous innovations and the launch of new goods by crucial companies on the global market due to increased customer demand for high-quality premium cosmetic ingredient-based products.
- The usage of cosmetic chemicals in the personal care business is growing in Asia-Pacific. Natural cosmetic elements are being included in hair care products like shampoos and fine-effect conditioners by organic label firms in China and India.
Growth Driver: Higher perceptions of beauty, rising ability to invest, increased per capita income and urbanized population, and expanding need for experts are expected to drive considerable development. The producer is constantly developing premium beauty products in response to increased customer demand for high-end cosmetics, fuelling the expansion of the cosmetic ingredients market. The worldwide cosmetic ingredients market is expected to be driven by a significant increase in demand for multifunctional components for skincare and personal care products.
Market Opportunity: The worldwide market for cosmetic ingredients is expanding rapidly, and this trend is projected to continue in the future years. The demand for multifunctional chemicals in skincare and personal care products has skyrocketed. During the forecasted timeframe, advances in skincare products increased health awareness, and increased demand for personal care products is projected to produce possibilities in the worldwide personal care ingredients market.
Market Trend: Several vital players invest a fair share of their revenue in research and development in boosting their product portfolio, with market participants focusing on technological development and utilizing a product in several applications. Surfactants had the most significant market share of roughly 24%, which is expected to continue over the projection period.
The expansion of e-commerce sales in growing countries such as Brazil, South Africa, China, India, Mexico, North America, and Western European countries is expected to boost cosmetic ingredient market growth. Flipkart and Amazon had combined total sales of US$ 3.5-3.7 billion in the last six days, up 33% over the previous year. This is due to increased anti-aging expression demand from the expanding middle-aged and geriatric population and shifting beauty trends.
Market Segments Analysis
- Personal care ingredients are the raw materials used to make skincare products worldwide. These compounds can be utilized in skincare products as antifungal, anti-aging, skin conditioning, and other properties. Ingredients can also be divided into active and inactive categories.
- Anti-aging agents, exfoliants, conditioning agents, and U.V. protection agents are active components, while surfactants, preservatives, colorants, and polymer compounds are inactive.
- Because of the increased need for personal care ingredients, North America is expected to be the fastest expanding market. Due to the rising demand for personal care and hygiene, the sector is expected to develop faster throughout the projected period.
To remain competitive in the industry, key market players are investing in expanding their market footprint. Key players invest in mergers and acquisitions, new product development, and expansions. Key players invest significantly in applying cosmetic ingredients in various emerging application fields to bolster their revenue growth.
Some of the key developments that have taken place in the cosmetic ingredients market include:
- In 2019, Evonik launched a new active ingredient ROVISOME Sensitive N.G., a new solution for sensitive skin products. This launch helps to affirm advanced specialty chemical technologies that address real consumer needs in the skincare market.
- In June 2019, BASF Care Creation launched three new active ingredients for the beauty industry that employ the rambutan tree’s (Nephelium lappaceum) unique qualities to provide unsurpassed skin hydration and rejuvenation to today’s internationally aware customers.
A list of some of the key players present in the market are:
- BASF SE
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Croda International Plc
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Clariant AG
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Evonik Industries AG
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Solvay SA
Segments Covered in Report
By Product Type:
- Botanical Extract
- Rheology Modifier
- Emulsifier & Stabilizer
- Others (Vitamins, Minerals, Protein)
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Oral Care
- Others (Shaving and Toiletries)
- Cleansing Agents & Foamers
By Region and Country:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Rest of Middle East)
- Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Rest of Africa)
Global Cosmetic Ingredients Market 2017-2030: Report Coverage and Highlights
- Assessment of the historical and cosmetic ingredients market size (2017-2021), market projections (2022-2030), and its contribution to the parent market
- Key drivers and restraints impacting market growth
- Predictions on Critical Supply, Demand, and Technological trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Market Opportunity Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis (List of Manufacturers, Distributors, Average Margins, etc.)
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping, Benchmarking, and Advantage Analysis
- Market Share Analysis and Key Strategies Adopted by Top Players
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Primary insights to understand what will shape the market growth over the next decade
- COVID-19 Impact on cosmetic ingredients Market and How to Navigate
- Strategic Success Factors and Recommendations on Key Winning Strategies.
|Historical Data Available for
||USD Million for Value and Tons for Volume, and CAGR from 2022 to 2032
|Key Regions Covered
||North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Africa
|Key Countries Covered
||US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt
|Key Segments Covered
||Product Type, Functionality, Application, and Region
||Available upon Request
|Pricing and purchase options
||Available upon Request
About ChemView Consulting
ChemView Consulting is a leading information, market intelligence, and consulting company serving chemicals & materials, oil & gas, and alternate energy clients worldwide. ChemView Consulting serves clients in approximately 100 countries, with its office in the U.S. and delivery centers in India.
What sets ChemView Consulting apart?
- Full-time research experts and subject matter experts
- In-house primary research team
- The in-house data visualization team
- Industry-wide network of research partners
- Database subscriptions
- The exclusively tailored research process
- Report Includes
Market Size Data
- Global market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and region
- Regional level market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and country
- Country level market share data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment
- Market attractiveness analysis based on market share index and CAGR index for each of the segments and regions
- Incremental dollar opportunity generated in the forecast period would be indicated
- Key Takeaways, Recommendations, and key investment pockets for the relevant segments would be highlighted
- Macroeconomic factors that impact the market developments
- Market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities) that positively or negatively influence market growth
- Supply Side and Demand Side trends – trends witnessed from buyers and suppliers side
- Production and Consumption Gap Analysis – analysis of gap between production and consumption in any geography to fulfil unmet demand
- Trade analysis and analysis of key supply and demand hubs
- Identification of hotbed opportunities existing in the market
- Porter’s and PEST analysis to understand the business environment of the geography
- Regulatory scenario – Identification of key sector specific and trade regulations, and assessment of whether it helps or hinder market development & growth
- Regional-level product pricing analysis to set and benchmark your current or future product offerings across each product type
- Historical and projected pricing trends of the product which helps in determining the product’s price and/or services beneficial for companies product lifecycle
- Cost teardown analysis and key factors impacting pricing
Value Chain Analysis
- Country-wise list of raw material suppliers
- Raw material price trends and buyers’ sentiment
- Overview of Intelligent Sourcing Technique
- Raw material procurement requirements
- Vendor selection criteria
- Country-wise list of product manufacturers
- Country-wise list of distributors/traders
- Country-wise list of end-users
- End-Users/Customers consumption mapping
- Key End-Users/Customers client list
- Country-wise list of other key channel partners
- Average profitability margins
- Regional value chain dynamics
- Market shares and production capacities of key players
- Tier structure analysis of market
- Comprehensive competition dashboard representing the top 10-15 players in the market
- Individual company profiles of top 15 to 20 manufacturers
- Business Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Financials
- Recent Developments
- SWOT Analysis
North America: U.S., Canada
Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Central America, Rest of Latin America
Western Europe: Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Poland, Romania, Rest of Western Europe
Eastern Europe: Russia & Belarus, Balkan Countries, Baltic Countries, Central Asia, Rest of Eastern Europe
Middle East & Africa: KSA, UAE, Turkey, Israel, Northern Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa
East Asia: China, Japan, South Korea
South Asia & Pacific: India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of South Asia & Pacific
Why Choose CVC Market Research?;
- Specialized market research company
- Impeccable and deep industry expertise
- Wide range of offerings
- Robust research methodology and statistical models with least deviation
- Extensive reports and full-service consulting
- Expert panel sanctioned industry outlook
- Growth dynamics for calculated investments
- Tri-level quality guarantee
- 6 months unlimited post-sales support
- Regular planned and contracted report updates
Frequently Asked Questions
Between 2020 and 2030, the worldwide Cosmetic Ingredients market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6%, surpassing US$ 48.9 Bn by 2030 end.
Over the projected period, the rising trend of manufacturers employing natural cosmetic components is likely to boost market expansion.
BASF SE, AkzoNobel N.V., International Plc, The Dow Chemical Company, Eastman Chemical Company, Clariant AG, Wacker Chemie AG, End-Use Companies, L’Oréal International, Unilever, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Coty Inc., and Colgate-Palmolive Company are some of the major players in the global Cosmetic Ingredients market.
During the projection period, strict rules against the use of dangerous chemical compounds are projected to stifle market growth.