Global Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market Size Analysis
According to a research analysis conducted by ChemView Consulting, in 2022, the Global Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market was worth US$ 1,684.2 Mn, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period. The market is expected to hit US$ 2,376.8 Mn by 2030 end.
- Rise in Ready-to-Eat Food: Concerns about food availability and safety during the pandemic resulted in massive demand for food like primary foodstuffs, convenience, and secondary processed foods. This aspect boosted demand for food stabilizers, thickening agents, and other food-processing components, propelling the market even higher.
- 3D Bio-printability of Carboxymethyl Cellulose-based Hydrogel: North Dakota State University researchers from the Pharmaceutical Sciences Department and the Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department created a novel hybrid hydrogel – sodium alginate integrated with carboxymethyl cellulose – that has demonstrated high effectiveness in 3D bio-printing applications. This hybrid hydrogel is a potential biomaterial for 3D bio-printing processes for large-scale fabrication of functional tissue scaffolds.
- Health-Conscious in Millennials: Because CMC is a fat substitute, it’s commonly used in gluten-free and low-fat meals. The demand for gluten-free and fat-free food items is increasing as people become more aware of the possible detrimental consequences of gluten and fat intake. This cause is driving the demand for carboxymethyl cellulose.
- Greater use in Laundry: The sodium derivative of carboxymethyl cellulose is widely used in detergent production due to its excellent anti-soil redepositing properties. It also acts as a particle suspender, color retention agent, homogenizer, stabilizer, and skin and texture protector in detergents.
Why does the Cosmetics & Personal Care segment hold the highest market share in the Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market?
In the carboxymethyl cellulose industry, personal care items and cosmetics offer producers value-grab possibilities. The segment is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% between 2022-3030.
CMC is becoming more popular because of hair care products, hair grooming aids, and shampoos. The need for carboxymethyl cellulose is fueled by cosmetic moisturizing skin care products, creams, and lotions. Cold creams, hand skin care preparations, and cosmetics foundations are among the products that manufacturers are ramping up production. Eyeshadow blushers and eyeliners spark the demand for CMC.
For producers in the carboxymethyl cellulose sector, toothpaste formulas provide dependable revenue streams. The need for carboxymethyl cellulose is being fueled by regular white, clear translucent gels and tartar control toothpaste. This helps to explain why the industry is expected to reach US$ 1.75 billion by 2030.
Which application type is expected to dominate the Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market?
The application category’s food and beverage segment are estimated to hold a market size of US$ 575.9 Mn in 2021. This segment is expected to grow at a stellar 5.4% value CAGR during the forecast period. In terms of volume, the food and beverage segment leads the pack, with a high number of units produced each year.
Demand for packaged foods, instant noodles, ready-to-cook, and gluten-free foods is expected to rise. Furthermore, the rising demand for detergents due to the exceptional properties of sodium carboxymethyl cellulose will drive market growth. Another growing segment is using CMC in oil drilling activities as a thickening agent for water retention in drilling mud.
Why does Asia-Pacific account for the largest market share in the Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market?
In 2021, the Asia Pacific market was worth US$ 692.5 Mn. The growing demand for convenience, secondary and tertiary processed foods ascribed to the population in nations like China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh, and others is likely to propel regional growth.
Growing demand for personal care products in emerging economies due to rising disposable income and changing lifestyles, particularly in India, China, Malaysia, and Indonesia, is expected to drive industry growth by the end of 2030.
How is North America Faring in the Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market?
North America is one of the largest oil drilling regions. The presence of a large manufacturing base for oil drilling fluids attributed to huge oil reserves is expected to boost the demand for carboxymethyl cellulose, an important thickening additive used on oilfield chemicals. Furthermore, increasing awareness among consumers regarding the health benefits of gluten-free products is fostering the demand for food-grade CMC.
Also, commercial buyers in developed economies prefer equipment with advanced diagnosis and automation. Manufacturers have significantly improved their response time to such client custom requirements through research, development, and product innovation in carboxymethyl cellulose products and goods.
Because of numerous domestic and regional players, the global carboxymethyl cellulose market is highly fragmented and competitive.
To remain competitive in the industry, key market players are investing in expanding their market footprint. Several vital players invest a fair share of their revenue in research and development to boost their product portfolio. Market participants focus on technological development and utilizing a product in several applications.
Some Key Developments:
- In 2021, Ashland Global Holdings Inc. acquired Schulke & Mayr GmbH’s personal care business. This acquisition will help to strengthen the company’s consumer business portfolio and expand its biotechnology and microbiology technical competencies.
- In 2020, Nouryon completed its acquisition of the CMC business from J.M Huber Corporation, accelerating long-term growth in the regional market.
- In 2019, Nippon Paper, a global manufacturer of cellulose and paper products, announced the construction of a new manufacturing facility at the Gotsu Mill to produce carboxymethyl cellulose, a functional cellulose product.
A list of some of the key suppliers present in the market are:
- CP Kelco U.S., Inc
- Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd
- Ashland Inc.
- Dow Chemical Company
- Lamberti S.P.A
- DKS Co. Ltd
- Química Amtex S.A.
- Anqiu Eagle Cellulose Co., Ltd
- Wealthy Chemical Industry (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Shenguang Edible Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Xuzhou Liyuan cellulose Technology Co. Ltd.
- Daicel Finechem Ltd
- Mikro Technik GmbH
- Patel Industries
Market Segments Covered in Report
By Purity Level:
- Highly Purified
- Technical Grade
- Industrial Grade
- Food & Beverages
- Oil & refining
- Paint & Textile
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Paper Coating & Household Care
- Thickening Agent
- Anti-repository Agent
By Region and Country:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Rest of Middle East)
- Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Rest of Africa)
Global Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market 2022-2030: Report Coverage and Highlights
- Assessment of the historical and current market size (2017-2021), market projections (2022-2030), and its contribution to the parent market
- Key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and key emerging trends impacting market growth
- Predictions on critical supply, demand, and technological trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Value chain analysis (list of manufacturers, distributors, end-users, average profitability margins, etc.)
- Segment-wise, country-wise, and region-wise market analysis
- Competition mapping, market share analysis, key strategies adopted by top players, and competitive tactical intelligence
- Key product innovations and regulatory framework
- Covid-19 impact on the market and how to navigate
- Strategic market analysis and recommendations on crucial winning strategies
|Historical data available for
||USD Million for Value and Tons for Volume, and CAGR from 2022 to 2030
|Key regions covered
||North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa
|Key countries covered
||US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt
|Key segments covered
||Purity, Application, Property, and Region
||Available upon Request
|Pricing and purchase options
||Available upon Request
- Report Includes
Market Size Data
- Global market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and region
- Regional level market size data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment and country
- Country level market share data, historical (2018 to 2022) and forecast (2023 to 2033), by each segment
- Market attractiveness analysis based on market share index and CAGR index for each of the segments and regions
- Incremental dollar opportunity generated in the forecast period would be indicated
- Key Takeaways, Recommendations, and key investment pockets for the relevant segments would be highlighted
- Macroeconomic factors that impact the market developments
- Market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities) that positively or negatively influence market growth
- Supply Side and Demand Side trends – trends witnessed from buyers and suppliers side
- Production and Consumption Gap Analysis – analysis of gap between production and consumption in any geography to fulfil unmet demand
- Trade analysis and analysis of key supply and demand hubs
- Identification of hotbed opportunities existing in the market
- Porter’s and PEST analysis to understand the business environment of the geography
- Regulatory scenario – Identification of key sector specific and trade regulations, and assessment of whether it helps or hinder market development & growth
- Regional-level product pricing analysis to set and benchmark your current or future product offerings across each product type
- Historical and projected pricing trends of the product which helps in determining the product’s price and/or services beneficial for companies product lifecycle
- Cost teardown analysis and key factors impacting pricing
Value Chain Analysis
- Country-wise list of raw material suppliers
- Raw material price trends and buyers’ sentiment
- Overview of Intelligent Sourcing Technique
- Raw material procurement requirements
- Vendor selection criteria
- Country-wise list of product manufacturers
- Country-wise list of distributors/traders
- Country-wise list of end-users
- End-Users/Customers consumption mapping
- Key End-Users/Customers client list
- Country-wise list of other key channel partners
- Average profitability margins
- Regional value chain dynamics
- Market shares and production capacities of key players
- Tier structure analysis of market
- Comprehensive competition dashboard representing the top 10-15 players in the market
- Individual company profiles of top 15 to 20 manufacturers
- Business Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Financials
- Recent Developments
- SWOT Analysis
North America: U.S., Canada
Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Central America, Rest of Latin America
Western Europe: Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Poland, Romania, Rest of Western Europe
Eastern Europe: Russia & Belarus, Balkan Countries, Baltic Countries, Central Asia, Rest of Eastern Europe
Middle East & Africa: KSA, UAE, Turkey, Israel, Northern Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa
East Asia: China, Japan, South Korea
South Asia & Pacific: India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of South Asia & Pacific
Why Choose CVC Market Research?;
- Specialized market research company
- Impeccable and deep industry expertise
- Wide range of offerings
- Robust research methodology and statistical models with least deviation
- Extensive reports and full-service consulting
- Expert panel sanctioned industry outlook
- Growth dynamics for calculated investments
- Tri-level quality guarantee
- 6 months unlimited post-sales support
- Regular planned and contracted report updates
Frequently Asked Questions
Between 2022 and 2030, the Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4%, reaching US$ 2,376.8 Mn by 2030.
Stabilizer under the property segment contributes 33% of the market share in global sales of carboxymethyl cellulose.
Developing biopolymer composite films using carboxymethyl cellulose and carboxymethyl cellulose in 4D printing polyurethane paint and others are driving drivers and opportunities in the carboxymethyl cellulose market.
The carboxymethyl cellulose market would have more prospects in the Asia-Pacific region.